Peter Parry, Forgemaster
The current members of the Niagara Region cover the following areas of New York State, see the red dots:
Members of all skill levels are encouraged to come to our meetings as there will be something valuable to learn for all blacksmiths. Niagara Forge usually meets at 1 Roberts Ave in Buffalo, NY 14206. Every member should try to bring a set of tools to participate in the hands on demo, i.e. hammer and tongs. Bring your favorite tools to allow yourself a full chance to participate in the project. Each meeting will included a demo, and then a hands on project.
Newcomers are welcome at our meetings too. Any interested individuals may visit two regional monthly meetings for free. If anyone wishes to continue beyond the two initial meetings they must join the NYSDB. There is membership and fee information available on the Joining Us page or you can download our brochure,
Anyone interested in blacksmithing can contact Peter Parry (905) 894-4843, others on the steering group (listed below), or use the email form below for additional information.
Steering Group – Andy Chambers (716) 228-2446 / Andrei Hand (716) 875-2570 / Joe McGahan (716) 751-6539 / Bob Corneck (716) 741-4311 / Keith Price (716) 625-9577 / Terry Rose (716) 627-5686
The typical format for our meetings is as follows:
- 9:00 to 9:30 First demo of the day
- 9:30 to 12:00 hands on practice of the skill demonstration. Currently there are lots of forges available for practice – (Please bring your own hand tools. Personal Safety equipment is required at meetings, and includes eye, ear, and hand protection.). Also a “Green Coal” forge is dedicated to beginners who want to work on the basics.
- 1:15 Iron in the Hat raffle
- 1:30 to 2:00 Second demo of the day
- 2:00 to 3:00 hands on practice of the skill demonstrated (or 4:00pm)
Always call ahead!
Our meeting will usually be held on the second Sunday of every month. We generally have a $5 meeting fee and Iron in the hat. Personal Safety equipment is required at meetings, and includes eye, ear, and hand protection. For specific information check out our listing of Niagara Regional Events:
There are currently no events to display.
A printable copy of the
NYSDBreleaseForm (11.4 KiB), which must be signed by all attendees at meetings, is available.
If you have any questions let us know!